how i handle my scam case

Sunday 2 December 2018


Salam.


I know everyone loves online shopping because it’s easy (and I do too!). All you have to do are browse the website, choose the item you want to buy, transfer the money and wait for the item to arrive in front of your door. But sometimes, we get unlucky y’know. I can say it’s hard to guarantee you won’t get scammed especially living in technological era but, insyaAllah I’ll be giving some warning sign of money scam, few simple tips how to avoid scams and actions you can take if you’ve been the victim of a scam.

Ps:/  I’m just here to share my own experience dealing with online shop scam.

How to avoid scams:

  1. Okay first, please please and please look at the online shop’s feedback. If good feedbacks are given, then you can just proceed. If there’s bad feedback or none, it is better to not make any transaction.
  2. Ask people or your friends samada mereka pernah beli dari online shop tersebut atau tidak.
  3. Go to this website: (CCID) and enter bank account or phone number provided by the seller. This is one of the way la untuk check if a bank account or phone number is reported to be involved in fraud. If the bank account has been used in fraud cases, ‘Amaran’ will appear together with the number of reports that have been lodged. Jangan lupa check ok!
  4. Buy from trusted seller. Tak ada jual barang yang korang nak and if you still want to buy from online shop yang korang rasa ragu-ragu tu, try not to buy anything that exceed RM100 lah. The lesser, the better.
  5. Bila beli barang, do not delete the proof of the transaction. Simpan sampai lah dah dapat barang.

Warning sign of scam:

  1. The seller keep on delaying to post your item with a lot of excuses such as they are busy or they are currently not in Malaysia.
  2. The seller doesn’t reply to your message. As for me, suddenly one tick only on whatsapp. I thought she was busy so, I let it slide. Then after 2 days, she still didn’t give any reply.
  3. The number is unavailable.

What should you do after you realize you’ve been scammed?

Do not get panic. Try to relax, breathe in and breathe out. Things will be fine. Don’t worry, buddy. đŸ’–đŸ˜˜ Let me share you few things I did after I know I’d became a scam victim. Read below.

Actions after becoming a victim:

  1. Do not keep it to yourself. I know some of you are strong enough to handle this alone, but please share your burden with someone you trust. As for me, since I didn’t want my parents to worry, I told my sister and roommates instead. It helped a little bit la Alhamdulillah.  Tell the person you can trust and a good listener. Sebab if not, things might get worse. Macam aku, I think I told to one wrong person sebab she kept on making fun of it walaupun this is NOT EVEN funny. Rasa annoying and that person makes me feel like an idiot which I hate the most.
  2. Most importantly, go to nearby police station and lodge a report as soon as you realize the seller is a scammer. Tell them everything from A to Z. 
  3. If can, meet with inspector Jabatan Siasatan Jenayah Komersil. Get his/her number phone so you can contact them. Show them the proof of bank transaction that was made into the scammer's bank account.
  4. Try to ask for an update with police every week.
  5. Lodge a report to Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs (KPDNHEP). Install the application in your phone and file a report against the seller. Send the police report statement together with the bank transaction proof and anything related to the seller. If your loss is under RM100 I think maybe they can help. But because my loss was RM1189 and it's a big amount of money, so they can't help :((
  6. Kumpulkan semua victims yang pernah berurusan dengan seller tersebut and create a whatsapp group. Seriously guys this helps a lot. I get so many infos from other victims which help me to at least solve my case. 
  7. Gather all information from other victims. In my case, the same seller use different bank accounts. Licik nak mampus sorry hahahaha
  8. Things might get hard, but do not give up, friends!!! đŸ™†

Jom aku cerita sikit. Dalam case aku ni, it's complicated sebab scammer tu licik jahat nak matiiiiiiiiiii aku harap orang tu taubat kalau tak nak jugak, boleh mati kot (huhu). The seller use other people bank accounts and pretends to be the bank owners' reseller. Bila duit tu masuk dalam owner punya bank, scammer tu bagitahu dia punya customers ask for refund/tersalah bagi. And without thinking much, owner pun masukkan dalam bank account yang scammer tu bagi. Kalau kita jadi owner tu pun mestilah tak syak pape kan, lagi-lagi kalau kita ada banyak dropshipper atau reseller. Jadi bila police tracked down bank account yang scammer tu bagi, bank owner yang tak bersalah yang kena tangkap. Disebabkan phone number yang aku contact dengan scammer tu unavailable, tak boleh nak tahu location semua tu. 

Nak dipendekkan cerita, just recently, my friend tried to buy from this one carousell account and the seller gave  the same bank account yang scammed aku tu. Dari situ we tried to trick the scammer and managed to get the scammmer's  number phone. I was told by the police yang number tu registered under an Indonesian from Makasar. Untuk track location, inspector said pihak telekom hanya akan benarkan kalau case melibatan ratus ribuan ringgit :( and ended up the police asked the bank owner yang tak bersalah untuk settle the money with me. Nampaknya the inspector wanted to close this case and I whatsapped inspector but unfortunately, he didn't reply. 

Thank you to all those people who have been helping me out. Thank you for sharing with me what-to-do and giving those kind words when I need it the most! ✨ Thanks Adibah and Nisa sebab teman pergi balai polis for 2 hours during our working hours đŸ˜‹ Thank you so much polis Teluk Intan especially inspector for always there trying to solve this case. Ribuan terima kasih yang tak terhingga untuk semua. I love you guys! ♡^▽^♡

This @kpophaul.my pretends to sell things on carousell and she used others' bank accounts as target. The seller tricked people under merchandiseunnie account on carousell before this and scammed more than 20 people with total loss more than RM10k. 


And be careful if sellers on carousell you meet give you these bank accounts to transfer money:
1) CIMB: Low Jou Ly (7023128012) 
2) Hong Leong: Woon Jo En (34750111654) 
3) Public Bank: Lee Zem Yu (6414563922)
4) CIMB: Toh Yee Lim (7042249995)
5) CIMB: Chua Guet Peng (7000870664)
6) Public Bank: Chai Woei Liang (6328370805)

To all my readers, always be careful and try to not get into scammer's hand k đŸ˜‰ scammers are so licik nowadays and they deserved nothing but prison punishment. May this help you a bit! ☺

Comments

  1. more than 10k? apakk ahhh. T_T Scammer ni mati esok perut buncit meletup baru dorang tahu.

    btw thanks for sharing, peringatan untuk diri sendiri untuk masa akan datang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No prob! Moga kita dijauhkan dari orang-orang macamtu insyaAllah, aaminn :)

      Delete