Kelantan: Ayat's wedding

Tuesday 4 July 2017

Salam.
After 3 months staying at home, lookin' at the tv and laptop screens, I can finally say I had been out of the town.

I went to Kelantan for the first time, guys.

10 hours of sitting in car, I think my butt has changed its shape to square. However, I had so much fun sleeping and talking with my second cousins along the way from Kajang to Kelantan.



Brunch on our way to Kelantan


My second cousins and I were so close when we were younger. As we growing up, our relations were strained and far apart because of the school and we have our own friends. Especially the boys, they ride motorcycles and go here and there with their friends while I only staying at home, watching television.

This trip helped me to strengthen back my relation with my family at Makwa's side especially with my second cousins. Alhamdulillah.

The blue sky filled with white, fluffy clouds and tall, green plants giving out oxygen and taking up carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide and other unwanted gases. The scenery was really beautiful. Such a pleasant view to one's eyes. There's no word to say except "SubhanAllah". This world has been perfectly made. The night view around Kuala Krai was spectacular! There were a waxing cresent moon and numerous stars twinkling so brightly that lighten up the dark sky. It was tough because the streets there were crooked and the absence of street lights weren't helping at all.


At Achik's house in Kuala Krai

There were neither public toilet nor shop to stop by, since it is an inland. My urinary bladder was full and I couldn't hold my urine any longer but our homestay was still far from where we were. My mind went blank.

I. JUST. NEED. TO. PEE.

Around 10.30 pm, we got to the homestay. It was late and we were tired from the long journey with distance almost 570 kilometres. I took a shower, changed my clothes to pyjama and ate rendang ayam and sambal tumis brought from Kajang with rice cooked in Kak An's rice cooker. Then, after solat jama' takhir qasar isya' and maghrib, I went to sleep. The girls squeezed in to sleep in the small space. Five people on two mattresses. A bit crazy. The way I like it. Haha.

I could barely sleep on the first night I had in Kelantan, it might be because my body still not familiar with the new surrounding. That night feel sooooooooo long that I awaked twice. I prayed Fajr prayer and waited for the others to wake up. I had karipap and pau coklat goreng for breakfast at 7.30 am before I washed up. At 11 am, we moved to another homestay around Air Terjun Gunung Stong in Dabong.


The view from the homestay

We rent a dorm, a room and a house with 3 rooms. As soon as we arrived at Mah homestay smth, I unpacked all my stuffs in the dorm room and started ironing 2 pairs of baju kurung, a black chiffon shawl and a dark blue square scarf tudongcha I bought online. Do you wonder why I ironed baju kurung instead of blouses? I'll tell you soon.

The clock shown 4.30 pm so, we decided to go to Air Terjun Gunung Stong near the place we stayed. Since I know my mom would never allow me to swim at the beach nor river, I just sat at the rock close to the water so that I could dipped my feets in there. O God, the water was so cold and refreshing. The sound of water flowing from the peak, the winds blowing softly against me and I could heard the birds chirping and insects buzzing made me want to live there.

I am missing this beautiful scenery!!





My skin's getting worse these days and it's annoyed me



At 6 pm, the eldest rushed us to dressed up for event that night. I donned red baju kurung I wear to class with black shawl. Being girls are really hard. When the boys just relaxed with phone in their hands after shower and dress up, we, girls had to doll up ourselves with make up; concealer, highlighter, bb cream, loose powder, lipstick and etc.

During maghrib, we stopped by at a mosque near the homestay. Then, we continued our journey to the mosque where the akad nikah was held. Okay now you know the reason I went to Kelantan is because my second cousin was getting married. It took us about one hour to reach at inland mosque.

Dulang girls

Watching at the digital clock on the mosque wall, I became nervous. With 3 pronouncements, Ayat, my 20 years old second cousin was happily married to her beloved wife. I was about to cry and my tears were almost falling but I tried to hold it in. Both of us went to the same kindergarten, primary school, once to the same tuition at our area and we also played together when we were younger. I felt so emotional that I choked up.



After the akad nikah, we fed ourselves before going back to our homestay. After changing the clothes, I helped making bunga telur.


The dorm dikonker oleh Kak An's family including Faris, Kak Sham third son and I.

Just before I slept, when Faris, my 19 years old second cousin saw me laying down without a pillow, he asked me "kau takde bantal ke, Nurul?" then he gave me his pillow. I was touched by his action. Sayang jugak dia kat makcik dia ni hah, I told myself. Haih so makcik makcik.

The next day which is last Saturday, we went to the bride's house at 1.05 pm with barang hantaran. The route to the bride's house was difficult. It was in the forest, I mean surrounded by rubber trees and brick red soil. There were no line at all. I wonder how they survive. I could live there for only 2 days kot and after that, you might find me back at home, scrolling down instagram and watching Fight for My Way drama HAHAHA

We had to wait until 3 pm for the bride to finish her make up. O Allah, I hope my wedding in the future will go smoothly. We ate, took pictures and also karaoke. The MC forced our representatives to sing if not, we were not allow to go home.

Dulang boys; they are all my second cousins
On the way to the bride's house

dark blue Tudongcha


My 20 years old second cousins; Afiq and Ayat

From left; Siti, Nurul, Ika, Kak Ija, Kak Sham, Kak Iqa



1998 liners; Farid (Momos), Nurul (U'ul), Faris (Oyot) <3

Introducing some of my second cousins
The maknae line of my second cousins; Fahmi, Aisy, Aizat


With Pait and Aizat 



Fadhly, Kak Sham's fourth son

Kak Sham's second son, Pait who entered army




We returned back at 5.10 pm with tired bodies.

The night passed.

On Sunday at 11.30 am, we checked out and arrived at Sungai Ramal Luar, Kajang at 8.33 pm. I went home, took shower, washed my dirty clothes and went to sleep.

I am still tired from the journey ceh alasan 😝 I better go to sleep and rest now tehee bye!

Ps:/ i'm very close with them, we grew up together, played together, did almost everything together!!!!

Comments