unusual chit chat during raya

Monday 26 June 2017

Salam.


How was your first day of Raya μ—¬λŸ¬λΆ„?

Mine was pretty much the same as the other years where we celebrate Raya in Kajang. Except for this year first Raya was a lot more plain and boring because there were no people coming. My mom decided not to do open house and only invited our close families and friends because she said she's getting older, psst she's turning 55 years old and all this open house thingy is tiring her (and me too!)

After my father returned back from masjid, my mother, younger sister and I who were done dressed up will salam, say the same sentences every year "Selamat Hari Raya. Maaf Zahir dan Batin". The adat in my parent's families is put both hands together and then put it on the eldest's lap and tunduk so that our heads touch the hands. Pelik but that's how we salam the eldest (family members only) during Hari Raya and Raya Haji.

Blessed my artistic hands; green color is the head, the orange is the hands.

As soon as we finished salam each other, we took photos, hmm more to selfie than family photo. Then we went to Makwa's house which is only 2 minutes away from our house. Makwa is my mak long and she's 10 years older than my dad. Abah has 12 siblings and he is the tenth. We went there and had a long chit-chat and eating session and took my first selfie with Firdaus, who we called Pait. Mamat was there as well.

Thanks lighting and filter for making me look amazing


From left; Aida, Mama and Adik


You should see how hard it was to take selfies when Mama wants to play with her tab πŸ˜’
Introducing, my 55 years old Mama

I teached her how to wear shawl this morning

Annoying sister


Abah

The cousins 
Duit rayaaaaaa

Some of our chit chat were about Ayat's (20 years old) and Mamat's (25 years old) wedding day which are only a few days and 2 months away respectively. They have no idea how excited I am!!!! We have been growing up looking at each other's faces and playing houses when we were kids. And now, they are going to get themselves a wife!? "Makcik" Nurul is so happy 😁😁 Later, I'll be nenek soon.

Wow, so young to be a nenek.

I thought we  were just talking about theirs' wedding but hey,

"Nurul, bila kau nak kahwin"

"Aku baru 19 tahun weh"

"Ayat tu umur 20 tahun baru"

"Aku boyfriend pun takde, nak kahwin apa"

"Cari lah"

My cousin who is the mother to Pait, Kak Sham also told be this, "Kau makcik diorang kena lah kahwin dulu, baru betul"

Absolutely, it was an unusual chat in Raya morning.

I feel sooooooooooo old guys πŸ˜‘ I heard people will only start to receive those kind of questions when they are around 25 years old. But, I get it now, and I'm not even in my twenties yet. Sigh.

In the evening, no one came. It was so quiet I could hear the fans' sounds. I slept, of course, in my baju kurung and Arabian shawl. Guests started to come late evening, around maghrib and now, at 12 am, they are still here talking, and eating.

I know they have so much to talk and gossip about, but excuse meh, I want to sleep people πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€

μ—¬λŸ¬λΆ„: yeo-reo-bun (everyone)

Comments